- Facility Guidelines and Capacities
FACILITY GUIDELINES & CAPACITY
We're so glad to be able to welcome you back into our buildings! Please be mindful of these temporary changes throughout our YMCAs.
How busy are we?
Check out how many people are in your local YMCA at any moment with our Capacity Meter!
We’re excited to finally be reopened at all of our locations. Come join us for group exercise classes, fitness equipment, water fitness, recreational and lap swim and more!
As the 10th Street YMCA is remaining closed temporarily, all members are encouraged to use any other YMCA.
Hours vary by location, but generally are open at 5 or 5:30 a.m. and close 8 or 9 p.m. weekday. All branches open at 7 a.m. on Saturdays, closing in the afternoon. Sunday hours vary.
YMCA locations have “preferred times” for taking facility tours. These times are:
- Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 12:30 pm / 4:30 pm – 7 pm
- Friday, 9 am – 12:30 pm / 4:30 pm – 6 pm
- Saturday, 9 am – 12:30 pm
FEELING SICK? STAY HOME!
While we can’t wait for you to return to the Y, please stay home if you’re not feeling well or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19. Please remember to follow the recommended 10-feet apart from other members while working out and wash your hands often!
- Coffee service is temporarily suspended. Open seating in our lobbies has also been temporarily removed.
- We will ask you to scan in AND out so we can allow quicker access to those waiting to come in.
- Members will be asked to review a series of health-related questions prior to entering the building to help ensure safety for all members and staff.
- We cannot accommodate any guests at this time. Nationwide Memberships are now able to return to using our YMCA Richmond locations.
- Please bring your own bottled water. Although touch-less filling stations are available, “bubbler” fountains will not be.
- Masks must be worn at all times, with the exception of cardio equipment use or participating in group exercise class.
CHILD WATCH IS OPEN!
Child Watch is open at many of our YMCA locations. For more details about the current child watch hours, locations and more, please visit our Child Watch page.
Classes and Workouts
While we are able to open, we will be operating on a reduced capacity. Some of our equipment and sections of our building will be temporarily unavailable.
All YMCA locations will be offering a restricted number of group exercise classes.
- Max participation in indoor group exercise and water fitness classes is currently set to 9 participants. Outdoor classes are set to 24 participants.
- Please limit your workout to 1 hour or less and leave promptly so we can accommodate as many members as possible.
- Locker rooms will be available, but space is limited.
- Showers are available, but no hairdryers will be available.
- Please bring your own mats for yoga—we will not be providing them.
- Group Exercise classes will be limited in offerings and group size, and all classes will require a reservation for the class. Please reserve your spot on YMCA Richmond app or the schedules page.
- Please continue to observe at least 10 feet of separation between other members while working out.
Aquatics & Pools
- Recreational swimming is available by reservation only. Please note that one reservation accommodates up to 5 family members. Families with 6 or more people will need to make 2 reservations at the same time.
- Group lessons are limited to 10 total participants (5 students, 5 parents/guardians and plus one instructor.)
- Reservations for all swimming can be made through our YMCA Richmond app or the schedules page.
- Recreational swimming is only for YMCA Members only; we can not accommodate guests at this time.
- Slides/Splash Pads/Hot Tubs/Saunas/Baby Pools will remain closed.
- Members need to bring their own chair(s) to lounge by the pool in their assigned areas if they wish to lounge by the pool. Our pool furniture will not be available at this time.
- Lap swimming and individual water exercise still requires a reservation. We will fill lap lanes with a maximum of 2 individuals per lane. Reservations can be made through our YMCA Richmond app or the schedules page.
- For lap swim, swimmers will start at opposite ends of the pool, and should stay to the right side of the lane.
- High School Swimming & Swim Clinics limit is 25 at 10 ft social distancing. No competition or spectators on pool deck.
- Water Fitness classes are available by reservation only.
Our gymnasiums have re-opened for some activity, but may look different branch to branch.
- Pickleball is available during scheduled times. Masks are required when not at play (waiting for your turn, walking into the facility, etc.). Reservations are required.
- Basketball is open during available times for individuals or families to shoot basketball. One person per basket unless the players all live under the same roof. In addition, 3v3 Pickup Basketball and 5v5 Pickup Basketball will be available at select locations. Members are asked to bring their own ball. Reservations are required.
- Racquetball and squash are available at some locations. Members must bring their own equipment. Reservations are required.
- YMCA Spring Sports Leagues will kick off in mid-March 2021 with soccer leagues, flag football leagues, volleyball leagues, cross country teams, basketball clinics, cheerleading teams, tae kwon do, gymnastics, dance AND MORE!
- COVID Safety Protocols remain in place for the Spring. See our most up-to-date protocols.
- We are supporting families by supporting virtual learning in our surrounding localities. From traditional after-school care to virtual support centers, we are helping parents and students navigate this difficult time. Learn more!
Help Us Stay Safe
All staff will have their temperature taken prior to check in. Members will asked to review a series of wellness questions.
Wipe Down Equipment
Use the cleaning materials provided. Wipe equipment before and after your workout.
Keep Your Distance
Stay at least 10 feet away from others wherever possible.
At times of full occupancy, you will be asked to wait in a designated area until space is available.
Wear Your Mask
Due to the Governor’s mandate, beginning Monday, December 14, masks must be worn at all times, with the exception of cardio equipment use or participating in group exercise classes. All YMCA staff will wear masks while on duty.
CDC and state guidelines encourage seniors and other vulnerable populations to stay home.
We appreciate your adherence to these short-term changes and guidelines. Thank you for doing your part in helping maintain a safe environment for everyone. We look forward to seeing you soon!