YMCA Membership includes free Child Watch for our members ages 6 weeks to 10 years old! We'll watch your little one while you workout, swim, play basketball or more, as long as you stay in the building.
As we continue to phase back our Child Watch services, specific age requirements may vary by location.
- Staff will wear masks upon entering the Child Watch areas. Fully vaccinated staff may remove their mask when outdoors with children.
- Staff are encouraged to maintained six feet of social distance from the children, as well as each other.
- Staff will wash hands or use hand sanitizer on their own hands after cleaning and removing gloves, before and after diapering a child, before and after helping a child put on or adjust their mask, and before or after holding an infant or small child.
- Face masks are discouraged for children under 2 years old.
- Face masks are recommended for children 2 - 4 years old.
- Face masks are required for children 5 years old and older.
- For indoor activities, children that are wearing a face mask are permitted to maintain a minimum of three feet social distance during child watch room activities or activities not held in common spaces. For activity that require removal of a mask such as eating, singing, sports, etc. and occur in common areas, six feet social distancing is required, unless otherwise noted or dictated by a non-child watch program.
- Between groups like those in separate classrooms, six feet of social distance is required.
- Children 2 and under must maintain six feet of social distance regardless of activity.
- During outdoor activities, a minimum of three feet social distance should be maintained.
- Cribs and rockers are returning to our Child Watch areas.
- Staff should avoid touching their eyes while holding a child.
- Staff should wash their hands, neck and anywhere they have been touched by a child'd body fluids.
- Toys that have been put in a child's mouth will be cleaned and disinfected between uses, or not used if they cannot be cleaned and sanitized. Toys will not be shared with groups of infants or toddlers unless they are cleaned and disinfected before being moved between groups.
- For infants, the YMCA recommends that staff wipe their hands with baby wipes for hand hygiene.
- Children must use hand sanitizer or wash hands for 20 seconds before and after the activity.