Shady Grove Family YMCA Preschool
From the beginning stages of life, the Y provides a nurturing environment for your child to lean, grow and thrive.We support your family values and work with you to expand your child’s world. Mastering new, age-appropriate skills, your child will build on accomplishments.Learning through play provides a solid foundation they can take to kindergarten and beyond.
Benefits of YMCA Programs:
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Social Services.
- PALS (Phonological Awareness Literacy Screening) assessment completed with all PreK students.
- Classrooms are peanut and tree nut free
- Financial assistance available to all that qualify
- Participates in *Virginia Quality Accreditation.
*Virginia Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) awards quality level to child care and preschool programs based on four nationally recognized quality standard and best practices:the education and qualifications of the staff, the curriculum or intentional teaching approach the program uses to guide children’s learning, the learning environment, and teacher-child interactions.
Children learn through interaction and exploration.In other words, playing is learning. We take every interaction we have as learning experience to develop your child’s creative, intellectual, emotional, social and physical skills. We use Creative Curriculum with developmentally appropriate experiences to foster joyful learning, address specific needs and build skills for success. Our creative movement classes and outdoor play initiate physical activity to help develop lifelong habits for children.
What your child learns early in life is the foundation for forming well-rounded individuals. Our age-appropriate, comprehensive curriculum has a clear organizational structure and focuses on routines and learning experiences. Our program fosters joyful and purposeful learning while addressing specific developmental needs.
Registration is Open!
- A $70 registration fee is required to reserve your child’s place in the program. Monthly dues are drafted on the first of each month, September through May.
- Registration is not final until a complete Virginia Licensing Child Care Agreement along with your child’s health information and immunization records (dated with one year of beginning preschool) and birth certificate or passport have been received.
- Please read and review the 2021-2022 Preschool Parent Handbook, which contains a lot of information about the program.
Enrichment activities are available each day from Noon to 1:30 p.m. and include art, music and movement, swim lessons, kid’s kitchen, and ballet. Children may be registered for one or as many as five enrichment classes. Children will be taken directly from preschool to enrichment. Participants should bring a “nut free” lunch. Swim lessons and ballet lessons also require the participants bring the necessary supplies.
Children do not need to be a part of the Preschool program to participate in enrichment classes.