The Y offers free memberships to active Sportable athletes. Membership provides full access for the athlete and family members living in their household. Contact our Yes Center for membership support at 804.649.9622.
Moving Forward is a collaboration between ASK Childhood Cancer Foundation and the YMCA OF GREATER RICHMOND designed to enhance the health and strength of young cancer survivors. Knowing cancer affects the whole family, a Y family membership is provided along with summer camp experiences for cancer survivor siblings. Through weekly one-on-one personal training sessions, participants regain strength and endurance.
- Survivors ages 10-18 are referred by their physician or nurse practitioner through the Children’s Hospital of Richmond at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Families must commit to weekly one-on-one personal training sessions for a 1-year period.
- There is no cost to families in the program, which is made possible through the partnership with ASK Cancer Foundation and the YMCA OF GREATER RICHMOND.
- Each child completes an initial fitness assessment administered by their assigned Certified Personal Trainer to gather baseline data. Quarterly assessments include (but not limited to): balance testing, cardiovascular endurance, upper/lower body strength and flexibility.
- Trainers make each session fun and rewarding and create bonds that boosts the child’s self-esteem and confidence.
PHASE IV CARDIAC REHAB
Phase IV Cardiac Rehab provides a smooth transition from acute rehab into sustaining a healthy lifestyle at the YMCA. Participants receive a 30 day trial membership and 3 session with a trainer. At the end of 30 days participants can decide to continue their journey to Wellness with the Y.
Program available at the Atlee Station YMCA. Contact Deanne Hamilton for details firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parkinson’s Movement program engages participants in activities to increase strength, flexibility, endurance, balance and coordination. Classes are taught by certified Personal Trainers and Power Moves instruction. Exercises are geared to assist with activities of daily living that enhance the quality of life.
PEDAL FOR PARKINSON'S
Pedaling for Parkinson’s is a form of “Forced Exercise” on an indoor stationary bicycle designed specifically for people with Parkinson’s disease.
For more information on any of our programs to help manage your condition, contact the Community Health team at email@example.com or 804.474.4301.