The 10th Street YMCA remains closed at this time. As always, YMCA members can use any of our other locations.
FEELING SICK? STAY HOME
While we can’t wait for you to return to the Y, please stay home if you’re not feeling well. Please remember to follow the recommended 10-feet social distancing from other members while working out.
HEALTHY at the Y
We are pleased to welcome you back to our facilities! To help prepare you for your visit, please note the following:
EXPRESS CLASSES of 30 minutes will be scheduled with limited capacity.
OBSERVE the recommended 10-feet social distancing protocols.
RESERVATIONS are required, and can be made through our app or on this page by choosing a location. No walk-ups at this time.
- Reservations can be made up to 24 hours in advance and close 30 minutes before the start of the class.
- Cancel your reservation anytime up to 30 minutes prior to the class starting if you decide not to use it, or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
YMCA MEMBERS ONLY at this time. No guests.
SCAN CARDS (card or app) must be shown in order to be admitted into the facility, class or pool area.
CHILD WATCH is currently closed.
FACE MASKS/COVERINGS will be worn by YMCA staff, but know we are smiling from ear to ear because we are happy to see you! Members and participants are required to wear face masks/coverings as well when not working out.
FACILITIES will have limited locker room access/changing areas and showers. No sauna or steam at this time.
OUTDOOR CLASSES will be held on fields and parking lots around the branch facility. Please allow a few extra minutes to locate your class.
WEATHER PERMITTING for all outdoor classes. Updates on any cancellations will be made through the app and through the schedule.
LAP SWIM and WATER FITNESS BY RESERVATION ONLY in our pools at this time
- Outdoor pools are available at the YMCAs in Midlothian, Goochland and Powhatan and YMCA Camp Thunderbird.
- Indoor pools are open at the Chester Family YMCA, Chickahominy Family YMCA, Midlothian Family YMCA, Shady Grove Family YMCA and Tuckahoe Family YMCA. Indoor pool at the Northside Family YMCA will open on June 15.
- Lap swimming is currently limited to a maximum of two persons per lap lane for 45-minute time blocks, between 7 a.m. – 6:45 p.m. weekdays, with additional hours on Saturdays and Sundays.
WELLNESS CHECKS of all staff will be conducted upon entering the facility and we will be sanitizing frequently.
Follow these important guidelines from the CDC to protect yourself and others from getting and spreading respiratory like the Flu and Coronavirus (COVID-19):
Wash Hands Frequently
for at least 20 seconds with soap and hot water, or if unavailable, a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Cover Your Coughs and Sneezes
with a tissue and dispose in the trash.
Avoid Close Contact
with those who are sick.
when you or a child are sick or exhibiting early symptoms of sickness.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
with unwashed hands.
CLEAN FREQUENTLY TOUCHED SURFACES
like doorknobs and glass with household disinfectant on a regular basis.
BE INFORMED AND PREPARED
and check CDC for updates on the novel coronavirus.
BUILD YOUR OWN WORKOUT
We have over 100 videos from our very own Richmond staff for you to view at home. From cardio to strength to yoga to family fitness, we've got you covered!
Find Your Class!
MORE YMCA CLASSES
Looking for something new? Check out these group exercise classes taught by amazing YMCA instructors from around the United States!
See the Classes!
Our FREE mobile app for tablets and smart phones is the perfect place to reserve your spot in a class, find out about weather updates and find YMCAs near you.
Click on a branch to display the corresponding schedule: