YMCA STUDENT SUCCESS CENTERS
As schools are having to change what learning looks like for the 2020/2021 school year, the YMCA is changing how we can support our students and families by offering Student Success Centers at various locations in the city of Richmond.
Student Success Centers are run by YMCA staff, but located in a various community locations. Parents drop-off their student in the morning for virtual learning. YMCA staff will support their learning by:
- Ensuring the students are engaging with their teachers through virtual learning
- Providing assistance and help when needed throughout the school day
- Providing screen breaks, game time and healthy activities
When choosing the full-day option, students will transition from virtual learning to after-school care activities the YMCA does so well! With healthy snacks and activities, movement and enrichment, we’ll keep your child engaged and active until your work day is done.
The Program is open for essential employees including teachers and working families that need support during the virtual school day.
We are working to finalize locations and will have them listed here soon.
Health Precautions for YMCA Student Success Centers
Due to the unprecedented nature that this school year holds, we will be changing our usual safety precautions to correspond with recommendations from the CDC and Virginia Department of Health.
- Daily temperatures checks for children and staff as they arrive.
- Children will wash hands prior to joining their class at the beginning of each day.
- We will enforce increased hand-washing and sanitizing throughout the day.
- Children will be in the same class during the day.
- We will avoid large group gatherings.
- Equipment and touch points will be wiped down on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Working with CDC to follow guidelines for Child Care
For billing, paperwork and administrative support:
Youth Development Call Center: 804.729.4825
Youth Development Email: email@example.com