YMCA STUDENT SUCCESS CENTERS
As schools are having to change what learning looks like for the 2020/2021 school year, the YMCA is changing how we can support our students and families by offering Student Success Centers at various locations in the city of Richmond.
Student Success Centers are run by YMCA staff, but located in a various community locations. Parents drop-off their student in the morning for virtual learning. YMCA staff will support their learning by:
- Ensuring the students are engaging with their teachers through virtual learning
- Providing assistance and help when needed throughout the school day
- Providing screen breaks, game time and healthy activities
Students will transition from virtual learning to after-school care activities the YMCA does so well! With healthy snacks and activities, movement and enrichment, we’ll keep your child engaged and active until your work day is done.
- For Richmond residents only
- For essential employees (including teachers) and working families that need support during the virtual school day
- YMCA Student Success Centers will be closed for all school and student holidays.
Student must be a resident of Richmond City to participate in these locations.
Battery Park Christian Church
4201 Brook Road, Richmond, VA 23227
(NEW) Linwood Holton Elementary School
1600 W. Laburnum, Richmond, VA 23227
After registering for the Holton Elementary School site, the system may show a waiting list; but your child will be in the program. You will be notified within 48 hours of your successful registration and next steps.
Miles Jones School (Newly Added)
200 Beaufont Hills Dr, Richmond, VA 23225
4301 Patterson Avenue, Richmond, VA 23221
Ages: Kindergarten – 8th grade
Days: Monday – Friday
Time: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Students may be dropped off and picked up between these hours)
Additional sites to be added soon. Please check back!
YMCA Member/Non-Member: $33 per week per student
- A fixed weekly payment will be drafted each Monday, one week prior to the start date.
- A non-refundable registration fee of $25 is due upon registration
- Students receiving TANF or SNAP assistance will be refunded the $25 registration fee.
Health Precautions for YMCA Student Success Centers
Due to the unprecedented nature that this school year holds, we will be changing our usual safety precautions to correspond with recommendations from the CDC and Virginia Department of Health.
- Daily temperatures checks for children and staff as they arrive.
- Children will wash hands prior to joining their class at the beginning of each day.
- We will enforce increased hand-washing and sanitizing throughout the day.
- Children will be in the same class during the day.
- We will avoid large group gatherings.
- Equipment and touch points will be wiped down on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Working with CDC to follow guidelines for Child Care
How Can We Help?
For billing, paperwork and other program or registration support, submit your request or question through our Membership & Program Support form.