Group Sizes and Dynamics
- Children will be in the same group during the day to limit intermingling between groups.
- Group sizes will meet or exceed ratios set forth by state licensing.
- Group gatherings will remain under the recommended capacity set forth by the state.
- Campers will be encouraged to social distance and use proper hand hygiene (thorough hand washing and hand sanitizing).
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Equipment and touch points will be wiped down on a regular basis throughout the day. This includes bathroom areas, playgrounds, and additional hard surfaces.
- It is recommended that camps limit the use of equipment/supplies that are passed around from camper to camper. These items will be cleaned more frequently if used.
Daily Health Screenings
- We will take the temperatures each day for children and staff as they arrive as well as ensure each camper is symptom free.
- Campers/staff that have temperatures above 100 will be asked to leave and must be 72 hours fever free before returning to camp.
Positive COVID-19 Protocol
- Campers and/or staff that show symptoms will be separated from their huddle and evaluated.
- In the event of possible exposure, contact tracing will be performed and parents will be notified via email and/or phone.
- Campers and staff that live with COVID positive family members must quarantine for 14 days prior to returning to camp. This is part of the daily screening for our summer camps.
Outdoor Activities and Playgrounds
- Outdoor activities are highly encouraged and camp directors have been working diligently to plan accordingly.
- Games with physical contact will not be played.
- Equipment and touch points will be wiped down on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Camps with low ropes courses will not allow campers to participate in teambuilding that involve touching others or limiting distancing.
- Thunderbird: The high ropes course activities will continue to run this year with special procedures in place.
- Pools will be open for recreational swimming. Camps will follow current guidance on the capacities for pools.
- Campers will be able to engage in pool activities lead by pool staff.
Refund and Cancellations
- In the event families need to cancel due to COVID-19, the Y is happy to refund any and all deposits, registration fees and weekly tuition paid. All other cancellations or changes should be done two weeks prior to the camper’s registered week. For any changes to your camp registration, please contact our YMCA admin team.
- Staff and campers will be required to wear masks while at camp. Campers will be able to remove their masks while eating, drinking, swimming, and/or participating in physical activities (running, climbing, sports, etc.). This is subject to change following Governor’s Executive Orders and/or CDC recommendations. All campers will be required to wear a mask if the YMCA is transporting them to or from camp.
- Each camper will have their temperature taken prior to getting on the bus and parents will be required to complete the intake COVID-19 form. Campers must wear a mask while on the bus. Siblings can ride on the same seat together. Buses will be cleaned with recommended disinfectant and cleaner before and after every trip.