Health Precautions for Summer Camp Programs
Due to the unprecedented nature that this summer holds, we will be changing our usual safety precautions to correspond with recommendations from the CDC and Virginia Department of Health.
- We will take the temperatures each day for children and staff as they arrive.
- Children will wash hands prior to joining their group at the beginning of each day.
- We will enforce increased hand-washing and sanitizing throughout the day.
- Children will be in the same group during the day.
- We will avoid large group gatherings.
- Equipment and touch points will be wiped down on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Working with CDC to follow guidelines for Summer Day Camp/Child Care
For more information regarding how we’re changing our camp procedures, visit our Parents Guide to Camp page.
Come join us at Camp Monacan where we offer an amazing summer day camp experience! Our trained, certified, and engaged staff will work with each child in a small group setting. They will build relationships, foster a sense of belonging, and create opportunities for each of our campers to achieve and learn. We offer a wide range of engaging activities, 30 minutes of reading every day to help prevent summer-learning-loss, as well as character development and team-building activities. Every week has a fun and exciting theme with an educational focus and exciting twist. YMCA Camp Monacan – you belong here!
This camp will be located at YMCA Camp Thunderbird this summer.
- Transportation via YMCA bus will be provided to and from the YMCA Camp Thunderbird from Fox Elementary School.
- The bus will pick up daily at 8 a.m. from Fox Elementary School and return at 5:30 p.m. We ask that all campers are picked up by 5:45 p.m.
Ages: Rising Kindergarten – rising 8th graders
Times: 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Dates: 10 one-week sessions beginning June 15
YMCA Member: $135 per week Non-Member: $162 per week
- There is a $10 deposit per week to register for camps.
- A fixed weekly payment will be drafted each Monday, one week prior to the start date.
- Registration closes Thursday at midnight for the upcoming week. Registrations will not be taken after this time.
FINAL FOUR at YMCA CAMP THUNDERBIRD
Final Four is our post-camp experience* that happens the week after camp ends and before school begins. It runs Monday through Thursday at Camp Thunderbird! Come celebrate the end of summer at Camp Thunderbird with swimming, fishing, gaga, crafts, reading and a few more surprises!
Ages: Rising K – 8th grade
Times: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Dates: August 31 – September 3
YMCA Members: $182 Non-Members: $211
*Camp activities and availability will be adjusted due to staffing during this week.
Bus Pick-Ups available at the Shady Grove Family YMCA, Tuckahoe Family YMCA and Millworks Center (across Woolridge Rd from the Midlothian Family YMCA).Register Online
Most information is now collected during the registration process. But for the small number of additional forms needed, you can find them on our Camp and Child Care Forms page.