With the Governor’s announcement that schools will close for the remainder of the year, the YMCA of Greater Richmond has been asked to mobilize its child care offering to include working families.
Through May 22, this program is being offered at our Downtown, Shady Grove, Tuckahoe, Chester and Midlothian locations from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Starting May 26, we will be offering Camp Hope at the Downtown YMCA only, as our other locations will be beginning summer camp programming. (There is no care offered on Memorial Day.) You must sign up for those 4 days.
Priority registration will be given to current members and program participants on a first-come, first-serve basis, but will be open to all that qualify.
Note: We are only able to accept children born prior to 4/01/2015.
We’re looking forward to serving all our families as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to do our part to serve the community during this time.
Downtown YMCA (2 W. Franklin St.)
Shady Grove Family YMCA (Nuckols Road near Innsbrook)
Tuckahoe Family YMCA (Patterson Ave, western Henrico)
Chester Family YMCA (W. Hundred Road)
Midlothian Family YMCA (Woolridge and Coalfield Roads)
Program hours are from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Drop-off and pick-up will be in the lobby. Please bring your photo I.D. with you when you pick up your child.
Thanks to the generous support of our members and community partners, we will be now offer full-day child care at the price of $15 per child, per day; $10 for each additional child.
Please provide a form of billing information for daily payments.
The YMCA offers financial assistance based on an income-based scale. For financial assistance, contact email@example.com.
What to Bring
Please pack all items in a backpack or bag.
- Extra pair of clothing is recommended, but not always needed.
- Peanut-free/tree nut-free lunch
- Healthy snack for the morning. (Healthy snacks for the afternoon are provided by the YMCA.)
- A reusable water bottle
- Homework or book to read during quiet time
Please do not bring electronics or toys from home.
What to Wear
Comfortable clothing that is appropriate for active games, outside time and that are weather appropriate.
Be sure to also wear closed-toed shoes.
- Children will be grouped according to grade, in sizes of 8 with 1 YMCA counselor. During the day, your child’s group will rotate locations for activities.
- Children will be participating in Arts and Crafts, STEM Projects, Gym Games, outside play, Kid Fit activities and Creative academic activities and reading time.
If your child needs to take medication during the day, please bring the medication in the original container with your child’s name on the container. You will need to complete an Authorization Form for YMCA staff to administer medication.
- We will take the temperatures each day for children and staff as they arrive.
- Children will wash hands prior to joining their group at the beginning of each day.
- We will enforce increased hand-washing and sanitizing throughout the day.
- Children will be in the same group during the day.
- We will avoid large group gatherings.
- Equipment and touch points will be wiped down on a regular basis throughout the day.