February is Love Your Heart Month at the YMCA! As a member, we want you to engage in an active,
heart-healthy lifestyle. And we’re here to get you started!
YMCA 1,000,000 MINUTES CHALLENGE
Join your fellow members and complete one million minutes of
heart-healthy activities this month. Each YMCA branch location will
have YMCA 1,000,000 Minutes Challenge posters in visible locations.
Simply sign your name on the poster and track your minutes each week.
We’ll tally the numbers at the end of the month. Just by participating, you enter a drawing to win one of
three great prizes!
- Apple iPod Shuffle
- Heart rate monitor
- Locker bag
More Heart-Healthy Opportunities
Throughout the month, the YMCA will have increased wellness offerings, educational opportunities and
chances to share your heart by giving back to the community.
Wellness opportunities include:
- Personal Wellness Profiles (a $50 value free to members)
- Increased group exercise and water fitness courses
- Educational seminars and programs
- A range of medical and wellness evaluations (charges may apply for certain evaluations)
- Child care sites will encourage participants to take part in the Sports Backers Fit for Life Kids Challenge.
Participants will run or exercise each day as they make their way toward a 26-mile goal, and win prizes
along the way!
Opportunities to share your heart include:
- Care for your neighbors and community by participating in a canned food drive to benefit the
Central Virginia Food Bank. Bring in nutritious, non-perishable canned goods when you visit the
YMCA in February.
- Make a teen’s prom night special by donating gently used dresses in support of Cinderella Dreams.
Bring your dresses to the YMCA from February 9-March 9 and we will donate them to this worthy cause.
- National Wear Red Day! Wear red on Friday, February 5 in support of fighting the number one killer of
women, cardiovascular disease.