The YMCA is a membership organization open to all. The YMCA welcomes people of all ages, races, sexes, ethnicities, religions, abilities and financial circumstances. Thanks to the generous support of donors, income-based rates and financial assistance is available for those who qualify. Some benefits of membership include:
- No Contracts
- Free Child Watch with Family Membership (at most locations)
- Opportunities to connect with family, friends and co-workers
- Support to meet your health and fitness goals
- AWAY Guests Policy (provides access to most YMCAs nationally)
- A huge variety of programs for all ages and abilities
- And much, much more!
The YMCA offers multiple membership options to meet the diverse needs of our communities. To become a member in person, you may stop by a branch location near you and apply in person. Online joining is available for Metro and Branch memberships.
Metro Facilities Members pay a join fee and low monthly dues for unlimited use of all 18 YMCAs of the Greater Richmond branches. Metro Facility Members also enjoy reduced fees on specialty classes and programs. Families with annual household incomes of $75,000 or less and individuals with annual household incomes of $60,000 or less are eligible for income-based rates.
Adult (Ages 18+)
Youth (Ages 12 - 17)
Some branches offer a membership specific to that particular branch. Branch Members are free to utilize all services and programs available at their branch plus purchase programs at other branch locations.
Adult (Ages 18+)
Youth (Ages 12 - 17)
Branch Membership Locations
Chickahominy Family YMCA
Goochland Family YMCA
Northside Family YMCA
Elizabeth Randolph Lewis Powhatan YMCA
Petersburg Family YMCA
Community Members pay an annual membership fee plus the Community Member rate for selected programs such as swim lessons, youth sports, child care, and parent child programs. In return, Community Members receive an official YMCA member card, access to lockers rooms and lounge areas, a quarterly YMCA newsletter and invitation to special Community Member events. The annual Community Membership fee is $25 for an individual, adult or child and $50 for a family.
* The YMCA of Greater Richmond defines "Family" as any two (2) adults living in the same household plus legal dependents (as defined by the State of Virginia). Adults must provide proof of address.
INCOME-BASED RATES SLIDING SCALE
For Metro Facility and Branch Memberships, the YMCA offers income-based rates for families and individuals. Families with annual household incomes of $75,000 or less and individuals with annual household incomes of $60,000 or less may pay a lower rate. Proof of income is required in the form of a current tax statement. To apply for a lower rate based on income please visit a branch location near you.
Due to requirements for proof of income, the online option to Join Now is not available for Families with household incomes of $75,000 or less and individuals with household incomes of $60,000 or less who desire to pay a scaled rate. Those families and individuals should visit a branch location near you.
As a not-for-profit, charitable organization, the YMCA provides financial assistance and is committed to remaining open to all. If membership fees prove to be an obstacle to your YMCA participation, please contact your local branch and speak to the member services director. To learn more, visit our Financial Assistance page.
Methods of Payment
- Bank Draft - your checking/savings account or credit card is debited once per month.
- Annual Payment - dues may be paid in full upon joining and yearly thereafter. Payment is accepted via cash, check or credit card. No refund for annual payments.
- Due to requirements for proof of income, the online option to Join Now is not available for Families with household incomes of $75,000 or less and individuals with household incomes of $60,000 or less who desire to pay a scaled rate. Those families and individuals should visit a branch location near you
AWAY GUESTS POLICY (Always Welcome at the Y)
The YMCA of Greater Richmond participates in the AWAY program allowing our members to visit Ys across the nation while also opening our doors to Y members nationally. (Some restrictions apply and can be obtained at the member services department at any branch)
While online registration is not available for Community Memberships, applications for Community Memberships can be completed at the branch facility. Click on the Join button to find a branch location near you.