MEMBER POLICY STATEMENT
In consideration for being permitted to utilize the facilities, services, and programs of the YMCA for any purpose, including but not limited to observation or use of facilities or equipment, or participation in any program affiliated with the YMCA, without respect to location, the patron, for himself or herself and any personal representatives, heirs, and next of kin, hereby acknowledges, agrees and represents that he or she has, or immediately upon entering or participating will inspect and carefully consider such premises and facilities or the affiliated program. It is further warranted that such entry Into the YMCA for observation or use of any facilities or equipment or participation in such affiliated program constitutes an acknowledgment that such premises and all facilities and equipment thereon and such affiliated programs have been inspected and carefully considered and that the patron finds and accepts same as being safe and reasonably suited for the purpose of such observation, use, or participation.
IN FURTHER CONSIDERATION OF BEING PERMITTED TO ENTER THE YMCA FOR ANY PURPOSE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO OBSERVATION OR USE OF FACILITIES OR EQUIPMENT, OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROGRAM AFFILIATED WITH THE YMCA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO LOCATION, THE PATRON HEREBY AGREES TO THE FOLLOWING:
- THE PATRON HEREBY RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE the YMCA, its directors, officers, employees and agents (here inafter referred to as "releases") from all liability to the patron, his personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin for any loss or damage, and any claim or demands therefore on account of injury to the person or property or resulting in death of the patron, whether caused by the negligence of the releases or otherwise while the patron is in, upon, or about the premises or any facilities or equipment therein, or participating in any program affiliates with the YMCA, without respect to location.
- The patron hereby agrees to indemnify and save any hold harmless the releases and each of them from any loss, liability, damage, or cost they may incur due to the presence of the patron in, upon, or about the YMCA premises or in any way observing or using any facilities or equipment of the YMCA or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA whether caused by the negligence of the releases or otherwise.
- The patron hereby assumes full responsibility for and risk of bodily injury, death, or property damage due to negligence of releases or otherwise while in, about, or upon the premises of the YMCA and/or while using the premises or any facilities or equipment thereon or participating in any program affiliated with the YMCA.
The patron further expressly agrees that the foregoing RELEASE, WAIVER AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT is intended to be as broad and exclusive as permitted by law of the state of Virginia and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, not withstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
THE PATRON HAS READ AND VOLUNTARILY SIGNS THE RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, AND further agrees that no oral representations, statements, or inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.
The PATRON acknowledges that the YMCA of Greater Richmond is a charitable non-profit organization under the laws of the State of Virginia and nothing in this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT shall be construed as a waiver of charitable non-profit status and/or benefits under Virginia law.
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
The YMCA of Greater Richmond (“YMCA”) is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests participating in our programs and/or using our facilities. To promote safety and comfort for all, individuals are expected to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facility, on our property or participating in our programs and to adhere to the values of the YMCA – caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. Members shall pay all amounts due to the YMCA in full and on time.
We expect persons using the YMCA to behave in a mature and responsible way, and to respect the rights and dignity of others, including YMCA staff. Our Code of Conduct does not permit language or any action that can hurt or frighten another person, or that does not adhere to a generally accepted standard of conduct. The YMCA of Greater Richmond reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person whose behavior does not conform to our Member Code of Conduct.
Prohibited actions include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Inappropriate attire. Appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- Angry or vulgar language, including swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person.
- Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any menacing behavior.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices or objects that may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal narcotics or alcohol on YMCA property, in YMCA vehicles, or at YMCA sponsored programs.
- Refusal to verify identity when asked by YMCA staff
- Failure to follow verbal or written directions of YMCA staff.
- Abusive or disrespectful conduct toward YMCA staff.
- Conduct inconsistent with the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Interference with respect to the management or operations of the YMCA.
- Unsafe practices or behavior on YMCA property or when utilizing YMCA facilities or equipment.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening or offensive nature.
- Loitering is not permitted in or outside the YMCA.
- The YMCA is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted in our facilities or on our property.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety, and to ask any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain. If a member or guest feels uncomfortable in confronting the person directly, the matter should be reported to a staff person or the Building Supervisor on duty who are eager to be of assistance. Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a staff member if assistance is needed.
The YMCA of Greater Richmond reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, is under the influence (whether currently or habitually) of narcotics, chemicals, intoxicating beverages and/or habit forming or dangerous drugs, or whose behavior does not conform to this Member Code of Conduct.
The Branch Executive will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of YMCA membership or guest privileges may result from a determination by the Branch Executive if in his/her discretion a violation of the YMCA Member Code of Conduct has occurred. This Code of Conduct is subject to modification at the discretion of the YMCA of Greater Richmond.
Members agree that participation in all programs and services is purely voluntary and shall be undertaken at member's sole risk, and the YMCA, its servants, agents or employees shall not be liable for, and are hereby released from, any claim, demand, actions, or causes of action and related expenses including attorney's fees whatsoever for injuries, illnesses or damages to member's person or property arising out of or in connection with the use of the services and facilities of the YMCA or the premises where the same are located.
Members understand that it is strongly recommended that they have a physical examination by their physician before beginning any physical fitness program.
Members give permission to the YMCA to use, without limitation or obligations, photographs, film footage, or tape recordings which may include member's image or voice for purposes of promoting or interpreting YMCA programs.