Les Mills BODYPUMP® or and CXWORX™ Group Exercise classes will be are offered at all Y branches. Read below to learn how each class can help you push your limits and reach your personal fitness goals. Class availability at each branch location will be made very soon. To determine if a class is available at a branch location near you, visit our branch Group Exercise pages.
This 60 minute weight class incorporates weight-based resistance training that will strengthen, tone, increase endurance, shape lean muscle and maintain bone health. The intensity level is moderate to high intensity. The average number of calories you will burn will be 560. The equipment used will be barbells, plates and a height-adjustable step. You will be listening to the latest upbeat and inspiring tunes.
BODYPUMP®, the original LES MILLS™ barbell class, will sculpt, tone and strengthen your entire body, fast!
Great bodies aren't born, they are transformed, using the proven BODYPUMP® formula: THE REP EFFECT™ a breakthrough in resistance workout training. Focusing on low weight loads and high repetition movements, you'll burn fat, gain strength and quickly produce lean body muscle conditioning.
BODYPUMP® is one of the world's fastest ways to get in shape as it challenges all of your major muscle groups while you squat, press, lift and curl.
The cutting-edge BODYPUMP® choreography, and chart-topping music is refreshed every three months, so with your choice of weight and highly-trained instructors you can get the group effect and the results you've been looking for! BODYPUMP® is enjoyed by millions of people around the world!
A TYPICAL CLASS
- Improve your strength
- Perform 70-100 repetitions per body part totaling up to 800 repetitions in a single workout
- Improve your general fitness
- Shape and tone your muscles
- Protect your bones and joints from injury
- Get into shape fast
- Feel confident
This 30 minute high intensity core training will tighten, tone and improve your functional strength. This personal training-inspired workout will challenge you to build and maintain a better shaped and functioning core. The intensity level is moderate to high intensity. The average number of calories you will burn will be 210. The equipment used will be a resistance tube. You will be listening to classic top 40 and current hits.
Looking for a short, sharp workout that'll inspire you to the next level of fitness, while strengthening and toning your body? CXWORX™ is for you!
- Based on cutting-edge scientific research
- Brand new 30-minute format
- Combines the best of personal training with the energy of a group fitness class
- Choreographed routines and chart-topping music that'll bring you back for more
CXWORX™ really hones in on the torso and sling muscles that connect your upper body to your lower body. It's ideal for tightening your tummy and butt, while also improving functional strength and assisting in injury prevention.
It'll help you run faster … play harder … stand stronger!
No ordinary workout, CXWORX™ hits many of the top fitness trends:
- Core training
- Strength training
- Functional fitness
- Educated and experienced fitness professionals
- Group personal training
Highly-trained instructors explain the science behind each exercise and challenge you to reach beyond your limits. Like all LES MILLS™ programs, a new CXWORX™ class is released every three months with fresh music and choreography.
A TYPICAL CLASS
Ground-breaking scientific research means Les Mills CXWORX™ features the most efficient exercises for maximum effectiveness ... 30 minutes is all you need!
- Your instructor explains which muscle groups make up the core and why training them is so important, then takes you through a warm-up designed to gradually activate those muscles before the real work begins.
- Your workout consists of exercises that both isolate (like crunches and leg extensions) and integrate (like standing balance and hovers) the various muscle groups. It challenges you and you really feel the benefits.
- Before you know it, your half hour is up and the class is ending. Your body knows it has been tested, but as you regroup, you're mentally scheduling your next class.