- No Contracts - Members are able to join without having to sign a contract. Memberships are based on monthly or invoiced payments to make it more accessible for all.
- 16 Locations - Members have access to 16 locations with a variety of programs across the Greater Richmond area.
- Personal Training - Adult members will receive 3 free sessions of Personal Training tailored to meet the individual's wellness goals.
- Child Watch - Drop off your young children with trained staff for up to 2 hours while you work out.
- Kids Zone - A school-age child (grades 5-8) program of interactive fun while you work out.
- AWAY Program - Traveling out of town? Visit another YMCA location and they will let you in for FREE!
- Youth Programs - Youth sports are available to help children grow both in skill sets and sportsmanship. Adjacent fields to the Atlee Station Family YMCA allow convenient access for all programs.
- Group Exercise - Members are able to enjoy a variety of fitness classes ranging from Zumba to Yoga to Body Pump, helping target your wellness goals.
- Wellness Center with TRX, strength and
- Men's, Women's and Family Locker Rooms
- Group Exercise Studio
- Child Watch & Kids Zone
- Multi-Purpose Room
- Athletic Fields (Fall 2012)
For Metro Facility and Branch Memberships, the YMCA offers income-based rates for families and individuals. Families with annual household incomes of $75,000 or less and individuals with annual household incomes of $60,000 or less may pay a lower rate. Proof of income is required in the form of a current tax statement. To apply for a lower rate based on income please visit a branch location near you. Use our Income-Based Rate Calculator to calculate your rate right now.
Due to requirements for proof of income, the online option to Join Now is not available for Families with household incomes of $75,000 or less and individuals with household incomes of $60,000 or less who desire to pay a scaled rate.
Adult (Ages 18+)
Youth (Ages 12 - 17)
The YMCA of Greater Richmond offers the online joining option for Families with household incomes of $75,000 or more and individuals with household incomes of $60,000 or more. Due to requirements for proof of income, the option to join online is not available for Families with household incomes of $75,000 or less and individuals with household incomes of $60,000 or less who desire to pay based upon an income-based rate. Those families and individuals should visit their local branch location.
Before you proceed with the online join option, please read our Member Policy and Member Code of Conduct.
Ages 12 - 17
Must provide a student ID and
have a minimum of 12 credits.
Note: The YMCA of Greater Richmond requires that an adult at least 18 years of age be listed as the primary contact on any type of membership. You may add additional members under the primary contact later.
* The YMCA of Greater Richmond defines "Family" as any two (2) adults living in the same household plus legal dependents (as defined by the State of Virginia). Adults must provide proof of address.
As a not-for-profit, charitable organization, the YMCA provides financial assistance and is committed to remaining open to all. If membership fees prove to be an obstacle to your YMCA participation, please contact your local branch and speak to the member services director. To learn more, visit our Financial Assistance page.
Methods of Payment
- Bank Draft - your checking/savings account or credit card is debited once per month.
- Annual Payment - dues may be paid in full upon joining and yearly thereafter. Payment is accepted via cash, check or credit card. No refund for annual payments.
- Due to requirements for proof of income, the online option to Join Now is not available for Families with household incomes of $75,000 or less and individuals with household incomes of $60,000 or less who desire to pay a scaled rate. Those families and individuals should visit a branch location near you
The YMCA of Greater Richmond participates in the AWAY program allowing our members to visit Ys across the nation while also opening our doors to Y members nationally (Some restrictions apply and can be obtained at the member services department at any branch).